March 20, 2012

Music is on my mind...

When someone asks me…what’s my favorite song…I always reply with ‘the one that suits my mood’…and then feel elated for giving such a smart answer for such a ever-asked question…but then at heart I know…I am not a ‘musical’ person…too much of music bores me to death…


..a few days back I was thinking about the kind of songs I prefer…the songs that you play for yourself by choice…and the songs that reach your ears out of nowhere…totally unexpected…on the road…in the train…in the bus…when somebody sitting next to us r humming some tune…playing music on their ipods or cells…then sitting in a hotel drinking a cup of coffee…and you get to listen to a song that’s playing in a café…well…I go to a café to read…so most of the times when there’s no much crowd..i ask the staff to tone down the volume to minimum…for gods sake..i want to read…can you please keep that volume down?...u see...i am not a 'musical' person....

...then why do people listen to the songs…well most of them listen to or choose to listen to songs to get their mood right…when they r upset over something…and then they say music is soothing…come to think of it..i choose to do exactly opposite…I choose songs that suit my mood and use it as a companion to go with my mood at that hour…so listening to the music doesn’t really change my mood…it helps me to cope up with it..if sad..i choose a song to go with it…and listen to it..eyes closed…never trying to come out of that mood…guess what…I use music as my company…yes…in that way…music is indeed soothing….

No comments:

Post a Comment