February 24, 2009
February 18, 2009
February 13, 2009
read something interesting today...an experiment was carried out with a group of people....consider this problem....there is a candle on the table....and there are some matchsticks lying around the candle....plus we have some drawing pins/push pins kept in a open paper box....we are in a room.....so the problem is how to put the candle on the wall using the tools you have...candle must be perpendicular to the ground....what do u think?....somebody come up with the answer...but after a long delay...and he was the only person who come up with this solution...
take out the drawing pins from the box....fix the box to the wall with the drawing pins...thus the box become a horizontal surface parallel to the ground....then melt some candle wax and fix the candle in the box....and then light with matchsticks...
do u know why nobody else could come up with this answer....? because almost everyone didnt take the box as a tool into consideration...they were thinking the box was just a box holding the drawing pins and not the tool to be used in the problem....
February 9, 2009
i was wondering....what did u look for when u decide to give a gift...what r ur criteria if you do have any...i tried to think it thro...and came up with many...strictly my perception...here it goes...not necessarily in that order..
1. what that person means to you...
2. the occasion...of course
3. Is that useful?
4. Are u sure...that person will like ur gift?
5. I try to include some special element as a surprize in the gift..and if not in gift directly..then in the way of giving, place of giving anything at all...anything that makes that gift doubly special & enjoyable..
6. a personal touch..i mean writing ur name & the name of the person to whom u r giving this gift is very much important for me..some people find it interesting to omit their names...i dont..i prefer to write some sort of message along with the gift.
7. it should not be a burden on the other person...not in the monetary sense...not in any other sense...
what happens next.....the poster says it all...'suruwat nako chukwus...shewat nakos sangus'.....i better stop here...I just have a doubt...do the chaos mean 'dhudgus'???? i think 'savla gondhal' is a much closer word...what say?