August 7, 2009

Menace...

Its been No. 118 till yesterday and counting… Pune is waking up to the menace with the new name…’swine flu’…. puneites who are so used to laidback approach and style of living are scared to death…just a few days back…the hot topic in vogue was scarcity of water…shortage of rain…and now new version of flu is knocking at their door…

Just the 15 days back…when my daughter’s school reported the first case in Pune…we never thought it could go to this vast proportion….we just laughed over the fact that now as the kids are at home…..we will not get even a few seconds of breathing space…..whats strange now is everybody is afraid of even a fundamental right to breath freely….just a cough or sneeze puts everybody in panic…and suspicion…there is really nowhere to go..and no safe place…even yours truly spent 2/3 sleepless nights over my daughter who was suffering from cold…we finally breathed a sigh of relief after getting all clear from our doctor…

Whenever I go out…I see the masks all over the place…children, adults...students everyone is hiding behind the mask... and I kind of feel vulnerable…

Now the Ganeshotsav is just round the corner….i have a knot in my stomach…whats in store for us…a disaster waiting to happen…it’s a perfect setup for a pandemic to spread its tentacles….i hope government exerts some kind of control over the festivities this year..and I hope people show enough restraint to stay at home..and avoid crowded places…I sincerely hope there wont be any talk of ‘religious sentiments hurt’ and all that crap…I hope no one loses the sight of bigger picture here…

May god bless all…

No comments:

Post a Comment