June 22, 2009

Saina shining.....

I wasn’t a big fan of badminton anytime down the line but somehow I have always liked saina nehwal...am always on lookout for any news of her in newspaper whenever I see news related to badminton…she does have a spark….she is special…no doubt about that….but when I opened the paper today…there she was again on the front page…smiling back triumphantly for what was a well deserved…..well achieved…tremendous victory… and I fell in love with her…right at that moment….here was a girl just turned 18…making india proud at the world stage…in a sport which is not much appreciated in cricket fanatic country of ours…..it was definitely a welcome respite after huge disappointment in T20 world cup…

On that note…I sometimes wonder what makes me fall in love with these people….i definitely do not seek the best in business…’cos I have always loved dada more than sachin…but then I love fedex as well who is undoubtedly the best….i tried to think of the personalities I not only admire but blindly love…dada, fedex, becker, steffi, gilchrist, lara, murali…and now saina nehwal joins that list…some are best in their field, some are entertainers, some are controversial, some have attitude…there’s variety of reasons…its not just limited to sports field either….there’s always madhuri…I like kajol, rani & many others but there’s no comparison with original diva of bollywood…but recently I have started liking kareena kapoor for pure attitude she displays…so you see…it isn’t that I don’t like other people…but these are all special…and its very hard to pinpoint a single common factor between all these personalities…

Anyways…this one was for saina nehwal…I hope she doesn’t go sania way in future...….well played gal…u did us proud today….and u deserved this thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment